MySQL 5 ist fertig. Wichtige Neuerung sind Stored Procedures, Trigger, Views und Cursor.
* Stored Procedures and SQL Functions — to embed business logic in the database and improve performance;
* Triggers — to enforce complex business rules at the database level;
* Views — to ensure protection of sensitive information;
* Cursors — to allow easier database development and reference of large datasets;
* Information Schema — to provide easy access to metadata;
* XA Distributed Transactions — supports complex transactions across multiple databases in heterogeneous environments;
* SQL Mode — provides server-enforced data integrity for new and existing data;
* New Federated and Archive Storage Engines — MySQL’s unique pluggable storage engine architecture allows greater flexibility, functionality and performance by making it easy to swap database engines in and out, based on users’ application requirements;
* New Migration Toolkit — A new graphical toolkit that completely migrates all data and objects from Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access and other database platforms to MySQL;
* Instance Manager — new management assistant that allows remote starting/stopping of any MySQL Server, as well as remote editing of configuration files, reading of error and query logs, and more;
* Updated Connectors and Visual Tools — new high-performance versions of MySQL’s ODBC, Java and .NET database drivers are now available, along with updated versions of the MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Administrator.
Mehr Infos hier.